The cocoa bean (also known as the cacao bean) is one of nature’s most amazing superfoods, offering high antioxidant value, mineral benefits and natural energy. Doctors and dieticians have espoused the benefits of dark chocolate for years, teaching us that the cacoa beans used to make this healthy chocolate can become a critical part of a healthy diet. All this found naturally in a perfect little package – the cocoa bean.
Here are 4 great reasons to incorporate cocoa beans into your life:
1. Boost your immune system
Antioxidants fight oxidative damage and free radicals in the body. Cocoa (or Zinc plays a critical role in supporting your immune system, liver, pancreas and cacao) contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world, including polyphenols, catechins, and epicatechins. By weight, cocoa has more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, açai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined.
2. Theobromine Increases Energy Naturally
Cocoa beans contain a natural stimulant called theobromine that is a relative of caffeine. Unlike caffeine, theobromine gives you a noticeable increase in energy without making you feel nervous or jittery. Cacao naturally contains about 1% theobromine. Theobromine is gentle, mild, has a slow onset, is long lasting, and non-addictive whereas caffeine is intense, strong, fast acting, short lived and addictive. In short, it gives you healthy energy as part of a healthy diet.
- Curb your appetite and lose weight
- Cocoa is one of the great weight loss foods because within its extraordinary
- nutrition profile it contains the minerals and molecules that help curb appetite,
- promote weight loss and healthy living.
- Compared to soda, fruit juice and other drinks, cacao beverages have a nominal number of calories and only 1.5 carbs per serving with many health benefits making it an incredibly healthy drink and a great addition to any health and fitness program.
3. Supports your heart, digestive system, brain and bones
Cocoa has more magnesium than any other food, which supports the heart, aids digestion, balances brain chemistry and builds strong bones. Over 80% of Americans are chronically magnesium deficient.
- Oxygenate the blood and maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- The trace mineral manganese found in cacao assists iron to oxygenate the blood and form hemoglobin.
- Found naturally in cacao, copper helps build healthy blood. Nearly 80% of Americans are deficient of the trace mineral chromium that helps promote a healthy blood sugar level. This is another reason Crio Beans are truly a healthy chocolate.
4. Feels great, increases focus, reduces stress and helps you sleep better
An endorphin or “bliss chemical” called anadamide is produced by our body after exercise that makes us feel great. It has also been found in one plant –cacao. Our body produces the chemical phenylethylamine when we fall in love and increases focus and alertness. This natural chemical is also found abundantly incacao.
- Cacao contains serotonin, a primary neurotransmitter in the body that helps build a “stress defense shield”.
- Tryptophan is a natural anti-depressant amino acid contained in cacao that transforms into stress-protective neurotransmitters that enhance relaxation and promote better sleep.
Adding brewed cacao to your diet will help you take advantage of the benefits and nutrience in the cacao bean, therefore enabling you to lead a healthier and happier life.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Sources: www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9566.php | Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzie