Do you know that cost of drinking coffee is cheaper than soft drinks, milk and even plain bottled water?
When you stop to think about the social aspect of “THE MOST IMPORTANT” (just my opinion :+) & popular beverages (delicious, fresh brewed coffee), the value of coffee takes on an even greater meaning.
Here are the cost of popular drinks in USA (per 8 oz)
coffee : $0.05 (okay, no luwak, no Blue Mountain, no Geisha…. just regular, awesome tasting coffee from Guatemala, specially from huehue :+)
milk : $0.16
Bottled water : $0.25 (I can not believe that water costs more than coffee/milk..etc do we REALLY have to drink bottled water? save that money to buy more coffee ! )
beer : $0.44
orange juice : $0.79
Table wines : $1.30
By Alex: http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/users/ensoluna/
This morning while Tina and I sat enjoying our first cup of coffee, she gave me this picture and asked if I would make her one of these for her herbs. She came across the picture on face book and looks like we owe credits to www.themicrogardener.com. So I am going to give it a try! More to come…
So, I just have to update the weekend project. I might just add that I love it. After 1 roll of 3 ft. fencing, over 1200 lbs rock, weed guard, and 22 – 2 cu ft of soil with a lot of plants oh yes and let us not forget about the LABOR 🙂 we are finished. Such an awesome feeling. It’s beautiful! The aroma of the fresh herbs. You be the judge.
I Love It! Tina
On to the next project. 😉
Coffee filters have a world of possibility beyond your morning coffee.
And you can buy them for almost nothing, even the large ones.
Read over 20+ innovative uses for coffee filters in your home.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds.. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
Filters are not just for coffee, they can be used for so many different parts of your healthy lifestyle.